Also getting that itchy change-my-layout finger, partially due to falling in love with jeebs83's layout. If I do change, I will be very sad to let go of my lovely rotating headers, and I'm sure they'll be back soon. But ... possible new pretty layout! With GIRLFRIENDS! Yeah, I'll probably do it. >.>
Anyway! Not the main point of this post. Main point would be: remember how I mentioned a while back that I'd signed up to do a Shipper Manifesto for Kara/Lee at het_reccers? Well, the deadline for that is Friday, and in typical procrastinator fashion, I only have about half the Blurb done and recs collected. I'll get it together on time, no worries. But for the next stage of the operation, I must call upon you, my intrepid f-list! Specifically, the Kara/Lee shippers and Kara lovers among you. :D
There are two components of the Shipper Manifesto. One is the blurb, which as I said, I'll be putting together since it basically consists of the reasons why I ship Kara/Lee. But the other part is a list of ten Kara/Lee fic recs, recs that represent the couple and that bring forth the qualities we love about them. I have some ideas, but I want to hear from you folks too.
Specifically: What Kara/Lee fanfics do you think should be included in a Shipper Manifesto?
I can't promise every rec you guys suggest will be included - I do only have ten spots, and plenty of ideas of my own. But there will be a few of your suggestions in there, and I'll also link the Manifesto here when it's done. :)
Rough guidelines (only a few, I promise!):
- The primary pairing and/or characters in the fic must be Kara Thrace and Lee Adama. Other pairings may appear, so long as they are not the main focus.
- I'm seeking both friendship fics and romance fics - basically, trying to get a fix on all aspects of their relationship.
- I can't self-rec, and I would not even if the rules permitted it. So, while I really really really do appreciate comments like, "OOH, you should put Insanity Underrated or Second Chances or The Sound of One Hand Clapping or [insert name of fic by Liz here] on the list!!!!!" I just can't in good conscience add them. Self-promotion is not really my bag in any case. ;)
- All ratings, both smut and serious, are totally acceptable.
- AU or canon, it doesn't matter - if you think it's worthy, I promise to consider it!
- For the purposes of the Manifesto I will probably be staying away from WIP (non-completed) fics, though to the best of my knowledge there is no rule against reccing WIPs like there is with, say, crack_van. I'd rather stay away just in case.
- Multichapter fics which are complete are welcome!
- Whether the fic is on LJ, Fanfiction.net or some other archiving website doesn't matter; I'm open to all.
Rec away! Revisit some of your favourite stories! Tell your friends! And thank you so much in advance! :D